Diana - Pittsfield, Massachusetts

This I believe that growing up is overrated! With the joy of growing up come many responsabilities that may seem overwhelming at times. As a kid, however, life is much more enjoyable and carefree. I have really begun to ponder about what happens when a person of my age does not meet their responsibilities; absolutely nothing. Everyday, I see all these kids not do their work at school and nothing major happens. I mean, they might get yelled at but what’s the big deal? A bad grade? As an adult, however; if you don’t meet your responsibilities you might end up going to court or even jail.

Growing up also makes a person much more uptight. Because of all these responsibilities; they begin to worry about the things in life that should not matter. Working and making money become their biggest priorities. Som of them even forget about their families and barely spend time at home with their children. I understand that working and making money is important to be able to survive but it should not be a number one priority. Instead, I believe in parents spending time with their children and teaching them good values to make them better people. I believe in working only to make what is necessary to live so that more time can be spent at home. I believe in holidays together. I believe in asking about each other’s day.

I plan to become an adult who is NOT obsessed with working and money. The main reason for this is because I want my children to see more of their mother than I ever did. I believe a child is like a flower and need someone there to take care of it and nurture and teach them what is right. If that figure is absent in a child’s life, then they will pick up erroneous information from the streets, which will lead them to become everything they should not.