Tsang - Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Themes: work

March 1, 2007, this I believe that anything that you put your mind to you can do anything that are you can put your mind to. Hard work does pay off.

I believe that if you work hard for your goal you can achieve in the future. Most people have dreams that are unachievable to reach. The steps needed to be taken to reach that goal is to take small steps until you reach the top to the steps. The goal of being successful as a adult is with a good paying career. The key is preparing for that career is to do well in school and excel in courses that coincide with your career choice. While in high school choose an area of concentration and stick with it.

I would like to pursue a business career in the future. To prepare for it I took challenging choruses that give me a step above other students by joining the Academy of Finance, with this program I enrolled in honors accounting class and an economics class that goes into depth of the fields of business. Also, in your junior year in school you gain hands on experience by being in an mentor protégé program and an internship in the summer of your junior and senior year. Both the internship and the mentor protégé program gives me step above everyone and hands on experience. The mentoring gave me that push to pursue that career by observing what people do in the workplace. I could see myself doing the things that my mentor did that day.

While applying to colleges I can put Business Professionals of America on my list of activities. As part of an national student organization you can gain a lot of recognition for just being in the organization. I gained many skills through the organization. For example, I gained presentation skills and the knowledge of professionalism. As they look at my application I hope that admissions officers to be impressed with what I have accomplished so far. By dressing professionally with a suit and tie I will succeed in the world of work.

This I believe that hard work now pays off in the long run. While preparing for my future now will not hurt it will just gain the experience needed by doing things hands on. By doing so I will not be ordinary but extraordinary, which will separate me from the others when applying for college.