Michael - South Dennis, Massachusetts
Themes: sports

“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins Championships.” Michael Jordan. I believe in teamwork. You have this praised upon you all the time but I do truly believe this to be true. Teamwork is everywhere that you look; sports teams, work, politics, the classroom, and so on.

I will always remember my Little League baseball coach Chuck Deluga preaching this on us every year. The first practice of each season started the same exact way. Coach hands each player a player a packet of information. First is the schedule for the summer, next is the roster of the team, and finally but most importantly comes the Michael Jordan quote. This is a page long quote in which Jordan talks about how he could’ve never won any of his six NBA championships without his “family.” The first summer we had a hard time and only one about seven out of the fifty games that we played. After five years of having the same team and having the same quote to open our season we did become a “family.” We actually sung that song “We are Family” throughout the whole summer because we were just a bunch of twelve year olds having a good time. But I truly do believe that that teamwork idea we had helped us too win four of the six tournaments we were in.

As I said before teamwork is everywhere that you can imagine and I believe that a society cannot function with out it. Could you imagine a job that doesn’t involve teamwork at all? I can’t and if you are thought yes I’d like to know where you must have a pretty simple job. No matter what you do in life you will always have someone that is higher than you and you will have someone that is below you in the workplace. To have a success business you need all of these parts to gel. When I told my aunt about my belief in teamwork, she told me that at her company in Boston had a teamwork training day and they did many exercises dealing with trust and teamwork. She said she enjoyed it and she thinks that it will help the employees work better as a whole.

I believe that as I move on in my life I will encounter many different circumstances of teamwork. I believe that in order to be good at what I do I will need to be able to count on other people to help me everyday. Eventually I hope to have a son or daughter that wants to play a sport so that I can coach them and start each season the same way Chuck Deluga started mine with that Michael Jordan quote so that my kids can have a chance at having as much fun and success that I did with teamwork.