crazy dog - Albany, Oregon
Themes: Christianity

I believe in OGU (One God Universal). I believe in the First Church of Silent Prayer because it affords the least hypocrisy. The founder & janitor, or any member can assist any other to clean the cobwebs or windows of the common hearts & minds of all. I read all scriptures of all religions with reverence, but I believe OGU’s gift of discernment was given to sift the kernels of knowledge from the chaff of writings salted within God’s loving directives by men who have lusted to control other men, & even more who wanted to control women. Could the repeated message of love & forgiveness be the essence of our Creator, & those words of hatred, vengeance & ignorance be those of small minded men? This I believe.

I pray that you consider the God worshiped by Muslims, Christians & Jews is the same God of Abraham! And, if God could appear to Moses as a burning bush; as flaming tongues above the disciples after He had disguised Himself as a stranger among them, then why couldn’t the Master appear in the reincarnations of the Buddha; as the many manifestations of Krishna or as a white Buffalo at the end times? Perhaps when God told the Jews they were chosen it did not mean that the Gentiles were excluded, but as a reassurance that all imperfect creatures would be loved regardless of their fear of being unworthy. This I believe.

Unfortunately, the words & actions of hatred & genocide has been cloaked by religion for hundreds of years whether it has been Catholic v. Protestant, Sunni v. Shiite, Christian v. Muslim v. Jews etc., etc. So I pray for the peace & harmony that can only be achieved when all humans begin to respect the rights of all, regardless of religion, race, color, gender, size or sexual orientation.

We Americans believe that on the whole we are blessed by God, and we are! Muslims worldwide believe they too are blessed by Allah, and they are! But, America is a young nation & in many ways naive. When we helped form the United Nations & participated in the 1949 Armistice Agreement, we were reacting to the horror of the genocide leveled against the European Jews. We attempted to right the wrong of the holocaust, by joining the British in creating Israel. Sadly, when we took the most fertile land in the area for Israel, we created another atrocity—the displacement of the Palestinians!

The bombing of civilian targets in Syria, the killing of unarmed Palestinian children, and other actions against our Arab neighbors is also terrorism! I believe it is hopelessness, and not insanity that drives suicide bombers to sacrifice themselves. It was injustice that prompted Buddhist monks to set themselves aflame to publicly mirror civilians incinerated by napalm. The terror will not end by removing personal freedoms here in the name of security, but by acting to end the injustices that we have helped to create in the world! This I believe!

I believe it is time that we admitted our mistakes and begin to take actions that will rectify our past blunders! The displaced Palestinians did nothing to deserve the treatment they have received. I believe that we should form a 51st state out of public lands that adjoin one another in a number of western states now reserved for national parks. Whether it be named New Palestine or New Jerusalem would depend on whether it is populated with displaced Palestinians or Israeli.