Jaime - Euless, Texas

This, I Believe… Essay: No More Bigotry

Bigotry comes in many shapes and sizes. But none of it comes of any good to anybody. Since I started attending The Academy, I haven’t experienced very much bigotry, but I do certainly know how it feels to be discriminated upon. I believe that bigotry is wrong.

Bigotry is discriminating against a person or a group of people because of a fact that makes them different than the speaker. There are parts of the world where one religion/race/language/etc. dominates the area, which is perfectly normal. But when it’s like that for a while and another religion/race/language/etc. comes in, bigotry sometimes occurs. This is the problem that we all face. If we can get us out a mixing pot and into a melting pot, then we have achieved success that can lead to greater things, such as world peace.

The point of this is that people today are too closed-minded and we need to realize that we are all the same and are all humans. We need to stop discriminating against each other and join to make good things happen. If some people would just stop, then other people would realize that they are right, then they would join in and our biggest problem would be resolved. Remember that next time anyone says anything prejudice about you.