Nathan - Milliken, Colorado
Themes: prejudice

Don’t Judge

I believe that no one should be judged by how they look. Their dress style, skin color, and accent don’t matter. Everyone is different and judging makes one person look better than the rest.

We are all created equal and it is a shame to see people judged. Everyone judges a person in some point of their life. The thing is some people judge everybody. I have judged people and have never talked to them. People have judged me as a short, slim kid who isn’t the fastest runner or strongest person, with his long hair and smarts kids just think I’m a geek and leave me where I lie. That’s how life seems to be. I am a loner because people have judged me. There are loners everywhere, in every country, city, and town. Judging creates loners and that shows that there is too much judging.

People who don’t judge help make this world a better place. If everyone judged everybody then the world would have no friends, no cultures. The very earth would split because of hatred. That is why no one should judge everybody. Hatred is a heavy burden and judging causes that.

Everyone should know everybody before they judge them. The old folk saying “Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked two moons in his moccasins” is perfect. It talks about never judging someone until you know them. Another saying “Don’t judge a book by its cover” works too. It refers the book as a person and the cover as his appearance. If we switch those words around it says “Don’t judge a man by his appearance.” You see there are several sayings relating to judging but do people follow them? Truly, hardly anyone does. If I surveyed a hundred people approximately eighty-seven percent would say they judge most or all of the time, twelve percent would say they judge some of the time, and one percent would say they judge rarely. No one follows them very well.

If you are one of the judgers don’t judge anymore. No longer judge, encourage others to do the same, and you will see a brighter community.