Kylee - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: community

Despite the Differences

I believe that despite the differences, we are all similar.

I believe that the different appearances in people make us who we are. Blue jeans, skirts, scarves, tank tops, rags, does it matter? I wear different clothes than others to show my personality. Sure, we all want to look appealing and I for one, always want to, but we all look appealing by being unique. Even though we dress or look different, people, including me, all want to be treated and look accepted in this world. People get bullied by their appearances, and it just kills me inside. I believe everyone wants to be judged in the inside, not the outside.

I believe that despite how different cultures are, they are all, in the end, the same. Traditions in different cultures all come form the same root of a tree full of thousands of branches. Celebrations include food, drinks, laughter, and love. I, and others, celebrate different holidays. I believe that the customs from different cultures are similar. They all have history of war and peace. I believe that what your background is shows who you are, and no one can change that.

I believe that religions make us all individuals, and our beliefs make us who we are. I, including others, know that we are here for a reason. People just choose to believe we are here by a person or to do something. I believe Jews, Catholics, Christians, Lutherans, Muslims, and every other religion in this world is different. I’m Catholic and my friends are different religions, but it doesn’t matter to us. Despite the differences, however, we all believe in something. Certain religions believe in different things. Can we stop them, no?! Religion, faith, and belonging are stuff that individuals believe in which makes us all a like by believing in something.

I believe that despite the difference, we all can be brain surgeons, math professors, or Hollywood stars. Even though we all want to grow up and be someone different, we all share the intuition and a dream. I believe that I have the intuition to reach for my dreams, but others just use that intuition differently. Some people just sit back and don’t care, where as others work and achieve their goal. I want to reach all of my goals in my life to complete it. Despite the differences, I along with others want to be somebody, not anybody.

I believe people aren’t clones, we are unique. I am definitely a unique person because I have a twin and I want to keep it that way. Despite the appearance, customs, traditions, religions, hopes, intuitions, and dreams of people, we are all a like. Therefore, I believe that we are all a like by being unique and DIFFERENT!!!