Jylann - Johnstown, Colorado

Be Yourself

I believe in being yourself, being the way you are no matter what the people around you think or the way they act. Being you is what many people hear through simple thing to do, but turns out to be one of the hardest. I believe I should always be myself.

Being you as a very simple definition. The two words of advice go deeper than what they are. Being yourself simply means being who you are, wearing the clothes you want to wear or looking the way that you want to look. Another part of being yourself, goes even deeper than the image, it goes to the personality of who we are. I believe being yourself is also talking at the rate you want to talk at and doing the things that you want to do. Being yourself is being who you are no matter what.

I believe I shouldn’t be influenced by the people who are around me. For instance in school, there are many girls who wear tight shirts, and very fancy looking clothing. I came close to almost changing who I am and how I wear my clothes. But then I realized that those clothes didn’t show the real me. I noticed that I am wasting my life when I am not being the real me. Another example is when some kids didn’t like my hair cut and my new shirt. I liked my new shirt and my new haircut so, it didn’t matter what they thought of me. I believe I shouldn’t be worried about what other people think about me. I have to not care what others think about me and be influenced by that. I need to not be influenced by the people who are around me in order to be myself.

I believe that another key to being myself is, standing up for myself. Every one of us has our own opinions on everything in life. If someone doesn’t like me and wants me to change I need to stand up for myself. For example, one day I got a brand new CD player that I love to death. I thought that it was the coolest thing in the whole entire world. One kid said that it was stupid and out of style. I noticed that I need to stand up for myself. If I like my new gear or gadget it doesn’t matter if someone else doesn’t like it. So, I said I like it so it doesn’t matter what you think about it. I believe I shouldn’t stand around and worry about what other people think about me and I shouldn’t change. I should stand strong by being myself. I believe in standing up for myself and being proud of who I am. I believe in being yourself.