Natalie - Johnstown, Colorado
Themes: carpe diem

Pursuit of Achievement

I believe in living every second of life to it’s fullest. Every day as I walk around my own school I can hear people saying, ‘I hate my life’, ‘I wish I’d never been born’, or ‘Just kill me now’. People who don’t know how special life is. I’ve been told many time ‘Don’t let life get you down’ and over time I’ve realized, there’s nothing depressing about life, at all.

I believe in rising to the best of your abilities. No matter how small a dream it will never come true it isn’t pursued. I know that nothing will be done if I don’t do something. My dreams, my goals, my achievements have all been achieved because I tried. Numerous times I have failed at an attempt and numerous times I have tried again. Many times I have attempted to work my hardest and kept on going until I was sure that I had achieved excellence. Nothing can be done if there is no pursuit of achievement.

Doing all of this can help you design your life the way you wanted it to be. I believe in living you life to try new things, to open up new roads and unveil new opportunities. Don’t limit yourself to certain skills or abilities. Whenever an option, I tried something new. Every time I did this, I opened up new possibilities for my future. The more roads I find the less I have to worry about a career or earning a living. Live your life and try new things. You never know what could happen.

Of all gifts given to us throughout life not one is as precious as the gift of life itself. I believe in beholding the glory of this gift before the world. Make you name known. It can be in your community, your state, maybe even the world. Get out there and put yourself where everyone can see you. People say ‘Life is short, so go on and live it’. When I was old enough to finally understand what it meant, it clicked. I took it seriously and pushed myself into the world of my middle school. Since then, from that tiny step, became a milestone in my life.

I believe in appreciating life for all it is worth. Life is a gift and many people do not understand just how special it is. It is yours to do what you please with it, but what you do with it can be wrong or right. Those who disrespect something so valuable never live long enough to truly realize just how much life is worth. It’s a great thing that many people are lucky to have but don’t know it.

I know that life is as special as anything in the world. It’s something to be proud of having. Even though in years it will be lost, life is something to appreciate and cherish. When you lose everything, remember that you will still have your most valuable possession, life.