Jason - Fairborn, Ohio

In today’s society there is hardly any social justice for those who are poor. I strongly believe that, in this country, if you do not have money you are not given the same opportunity as someone who does. I have been exposed to this reality in both my personal life and my studies in college. I have been able to get outside of the classroom and actually see “the real world”. I have seem many homeless people and those who are considered the working poor during any volunteering I have had. I see that there are many who go without food every single day while there are also those who have plenty material possessions and are still aiming for more. I do not believe for a second that our government is making helping the poor their number one priority. There are many of our elected officials who will take any opportunity to cut funding that are for programs that help people with low incomes. We have put many things before our people in this country, and I hope that people realize it soon. When we think about things like education, healthcare, and food, it is obvious to see that many people are going without it or not living above the standard. Our country needs to get its priority together, because I have seen many things happen that do not make any logical sense. We tend to pamper those that have many possessions and self perceived power, but ignore or shun those who need assistance. Rich people like professional athletes and movie stars are paid abundant salaries while the people that actually work hard at something meaningful are living from paycheck to paycheck. We can no longer afford to have two Americas where one is for those who are actually living “the American Dream” while those that remaining are living in a nightmare. Me must no longer ignore those people that are the backbone of this country. It must no longer be a secret that America exploits those that are poor. We must make it our job to inform those that we know that our country’s “system” is not made for them to come out on top, but for the country to be on top. We can no longer force hard working people who are barely getting by to work harder to get less. For if we do this, we will be increasing the inequality that already exist.