Elizabeth - San Antonio, Texas
Themes: change

This I believe….

I believe in the power of change, in myself, the affect it has on others and the world around me.

As a pre-teen I couldn’t have been more lost in my young life. I found myself running away, lying to get away with doing drugs and drinking alcohol, and all the things that 11 year olds should never be exposed to. Life was a living hell, both for me and my parents. Fortunately, though, life took turn for the better when my parents decided to help me gain some new perspective by looking into sending me to a treatment center for youths in the types of troubles that I was going through.

So I made the powerful decision to accept the reality that I needed to get help. This point in my life was very scary, but I knew I was going to change the outcome of my life by doing what I knew deep down inside was the right thing to do. This pattern of trusting my intuition for direction was started at this point and has continued to my current young adulthhood.

While in this facility, I was influenced by many people and forces that have given me the abilities that I have now. For one, the amazing and breath taking scenery that surrounded me in southern Utah, inspired an admiration for my natural surroundings. Another influence were the girls around me, who I saw alot of myself in. A very real and blessed transformation happened as I chose to use introspection, a total oppostite of what I was used to, to look to really focus on making myself better that what I had come in there as. I made close friends with girls there and the staff that made being there somewhat tolerable, because they gave us some structure to follow and instilled in us respect and by doing this they gave us true dignity.

I would not have all the faith in God and all the blessings I see around me, without that move in the direction made me a believer in the power of change and its affects in the web of people it touches. I have learned lots about love through my family and friends, the energy it takes to find the positive that keeps me sane and healthy such as regular excercise,yoga, meditation, living by the golden rule, and just remembering that I am here to leave the world a better place by being a part of it.