Jackie - LIVONIA, Michigan

A couple months ago I ran into an old boyfriend who I hadn’t talked to in ages and we ending up spending the entire night together. The next morning before he left he kissed me good bye. Since then we’ve stayed in touch but every time he gets close I pull away and every time I get close he pulls away. Its as though we are both scared to take the chance because we can remember how much it hurt the first time. But I believe that anything that is meant to happen will and sometimes it just takes more time then we’d like it to.

We can’t force feelings to go away and we can’t make ourselves stop caring when things we want don’t happen but we just have to remember what’s meant to be will be. If it doesn’t happen it wasn’t meant to be in the first place and that something better is waiting for us just down the road.

I believe that as long as you have something left to give you have to fight for what you want. Giving up can’t be an option. If its something that means so much to you, you have to stick with it no matter how hard of painful it may be to face.

I also believe that at some point you have to realize that some things aren’t meant to be no matter how much you may want them and you have to learn to let those things go and move on with your life.

I believe in fate and I believe in perseverance but I also believe in accepting that some things really aren’t meant to be. I believe in taking risks for things you want but also accepting that sometimes the thing you want is not what you need and to accept that.