Sheldon - Columbia, South Carolina

I was born in 1961 the same year as the infamous Berlin Wall. Ironically I outlived it so to speak. I did serve for a brief period of time in West Germany and though I did have the opportunity to go visit East Berlin including the wall I refused. My philosophy like the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King’s is when one person suffers we all suffer. And in East Berlin many suffered. I remember when apartheid ended in in South Africa right after the demise of the wall. It was like 2 walls had fallen down. A human wall of shame of man’s indignity to man in South Africa then in Germany a physical wall of stone came crashing down. Both of these events I call miracles seem to make our planet a little more humane. For me especially as a Christian it just cemented my faith in God. That with God all things are possible. I recall a conversation actually an interview that I still have have on cassette tape about the possibility of apartheid ending in my lifetime. This was prior to the release of Nelson Mandela and the end of the entity promulgated in South Africa called apartheid literally it mean’t apartness. And nowhere on this planet were black’s and white’s more apart then this beautiful country. That was almost on the verge of an all out race war. Then the mircacle happened apartheid ended,Chief Nelson Mandela was released from prison and then he was elected President by all citizens of Azania (South Africa). This is the story of my life that God still performs miracles.