Rey - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: sports

Dang it! I can’t tackle this sled! But I’ll keep trying until I do get it because I believe that persistence wins out. You may be wondering right now what I mean when I say I can’t tackle this sled. Well it’s football practice in the heat of the afternoon and we’re on our last hitting drill and its tackle the popsicle sled. The popsicle sled is a single person sled you have to hit it and twist it around so that it rolls over and ends up upside down but I can never get it the first time. Usually the first time that I try to tackle it I end up looking dumb and getting tackled myself. But after a few trys I do get it and am able to move on.

There are a lot of things out on the football field that you may not get at first so you must try and try again in order to succeed at it. Some other things in football that doesn’t come natural to everyone right away and takes some practice are blocking, tackling, and catching. Blocking for some people is hard because it’s new to them. I mean come on its not everyday that you just go up to someone and start pushing them as hard as you can in any direction that you want. I think that tackling and catching are hard for people because just like blocking they are not everyday things. So in order to perfect them you must keep on practicing at it and eventually everyone gets it.

While there are a lot of things in sports that you must try over and over again to master there are also a lot of these situations in everyday life. You can take school for example there are so many people that will take a failing grade just because they don’t get it the first time they just stop trying all together. I think that everyone should keep trying and if they do they will be able to understand it and not fail anymore. That’s why I believe persistence wins out.