Marlon - Woodstock, Connecticut
Themes: love

“I Believe in Fighting For the One You Love”

Fighting for the one you love is something I have faith in and believe in because; it is the only way to attain true happiness. It is easy to attain short term happiness by joking around or in my case eating. Having a well paying job may be desirable but does not guarantee happiness in my life. What I am trying to say is all of those things may be temporary happiness but I need that one special person in my life to truly be happy.

At this point in my life I feel like there is something missing. There is a feeling of an empty void that wants to be filled with a compassionate companion that I respect, care for, and trust with all my life. Caring for someone is one of the most enjoyable experiences that I have ever felt. Just seeing that person brings a smile to my face, a simple touch, smell, word, or even a thought make me think about that person for the rest of the day . When those thoughts are in my head happiness naturally comes along with it. But, after a while I start to come down from my previous high and realize that my imagination is just processing of what it could be and not what the scenario actually is. After the brief moment of happiness is over I start to get angry and think about all the reasons and all the obstacles that are in my way of not having the relationship that I want. When the anger goes away I start to realize how much she means to me and realize that going after what you want is the only way you will ever find the answer. Fighting for this relationship just makes everything that much more meaningful because, a relationship that is not worth fighting for is a relationship not worth having at all. But what happens when there is no story book ending. What happens when the person you care about does not feel the same way about you? What happens when the person is already taken? These are some of the many obstacles that can occur in my quest for true “happiness”. The only way to get what you want is to fight for the way you feel and be willing stick out the situation for as long as you need too.

If you really think about it as a loving relationship is the only way to really attain true happiness. What is happiness if you have no one to share with? You need someone who cares if you get that big deal. You need that special person that can take care of you in both mentally and physically because, they know you would do the same whenever you needed them. All the emotion and sacrifice will lead you to complete happiness if you choose the right person to do it with. Even though it hurts a little, there is no shame in admitting when you were wrong about something that means so much to you. Just know that the pain makes you stronger, and when your source of happiness finds you, make sure you are able to recognize it.