Kelly - Bloomington, Illinois

“Live It Up”

I believe in enjoying every moment, every second of your life. As cheesy as that line sounds, it’s something everyone needs to think about. It’s so easy to get caught up in the stresses of everyday life, but there’s no point in living your life if you’re not enjoying it.

It seems as if we’re always waiting for our life to start; we go through elementary school looking forward to junior high school, we go through junior high school looking forward to high school, we go through high school looking forward to college and so on and so forth. And all the while, we need to be thinking about the present moment instead of what lies ahead.

Last September feels like last week. It was the beginning of my senior year and I could not wait to get out of high school. While looking forward to graduating, Homecoming flew by me, the start of the basketball season snuck up on me along with the whole season flying by too, Winter Break flew by me along with final exams, and now we’re well into the second semester of the year and last high school semester of my life and as I come closer and closer to the point I was looking forward to I find myself wanting to go back; wanting to go back to the beginning of not only my senior year but of high school, maybe even junior high school or elementary school. I just want to go back to good times and enjoy them now that I know they’ll be gone soon.

Every time I do something, I have something to look forward to afterwards. So I’m constantly looking forward to the next best thing and waiting for a time period to be over with and before I know it, I’m a senior in high school and it seems like just yesterday I was in the third grade at my best friend’s birthday party at Jumpin’ Jacks. Don’t get me wrong I’ve enjoyed my life but it’s going by way too fast and if I had known it would go by at this pace I would’ve made sure there was never a moment where I wasn’t having fun.