Rashod - Virginia Beach, Virginia

Where’s The Support

What has made many young children and teens today go astray into the worldly things? I sat for a moment and collected my thoughts as I came up with many conceptions. These causes are from children and teens having too much freedom. Back in the days when children and teens were raised they had little freedom because it was more likely for the father and mother figure to be in their lives. Nowadays, the strong unity of parents that was once before are disrupted by the money and the material possessions the world holds. With out parents support the child does not have that loving and caring support from the mother and on the other hand that tough love from the father.

Too much watching of the television has influenced many children and teenagers. What many don’t realize is that people on television have a voice of power. Therefore, whatever they may say or do, influences others to either get the same things or mimic what they do. This is when parents should step up and take charge.

As a little boy, my sister, brother, and I we’re single parent raised. I began to develop a problem. This problem was how to control my attitude. My temper was a quick flare of any button that someone pushed. This attitude could not be controlled because my mother was this soft, caring person, like most females are to their children. It was almost as if I had control over any issues because I knew that my mother was such, but on the other hand I knew not to go to far with her. My mother knew that if my attitude gets to far to handle that I would be a trouble to the world and that this would lead to not

having a great future. I struggled to control my attitude; however, deep inside I felt that I knew I was missing something, but being so young I didn’t really know what it was.

My father was in my life, but not on an everyday basis. When he fully came into my life and we all became a big family my void was filled. Having my father did something to me as a boy. That I can say because my attitude began to change drastically. He showed me tough love, that love that he wasn’t beating me to hurt me but only because he loves me and he wants me to correct myself. I saw a change in myself. The buttons the people once use to push all the time to trigger my attitude was controlled.

To have said this many children and teenagers are more so single parent raised, which shows because of the gangs being created and by the prostitution of females.