Jillian - Sweet Home, Oregon
Themes: environment

This is not about scientific studies but instead about recognizing the signs. The weather is cold again the wind is blowing and then the snow settles in. Yes, I am talking about the amount of snow fall in Oregon alone. Waking up and seeing snow out side in November is not a normal occurrence. I think that this is a sign. To what, you might ask. The answer is simple, Global warming. It is very clear that this is becoming a world wide problem and you don’t have to be a scientist to see that something is going wrong with the environment.

Take Hurricane Katrina as an example, it was devastating and also one of the biggest hurricanes ever recorded in history. This, my friends, is not a coincidence. The earth is letting us know that it is no longer balanced. Another of the many ways we are being warned is the polar icecaps melting at the rate it is. We may not see the effects in the United States yet, but I guaranty that the people who live their see the signs. This means that the earth is heating up and planning to get rid of the human race. This means our children.

I believe that we need to consider the future for our children. Being 18 I know that my kids will be the ones to suffer if continue to let global warming be a possibility for the future. Many people seem not to be worried about this major problem because when you think about what global warming means your brain wants to reject the fact that it is happening. You want to reject the chance of death and the end of humanity. We need to wake up and take responsibility for the actions of our ancestors and ourselves because denying the fact is only going to insure that it happens.

Many countries blame global warming on the United States and I don’t think that is fair. We might have had a big impact but we didn’t do it alone. If any time is important to unite all countries it is now. Think of all the children including your own.

I believe we should take action against global warming if not for our selves for our future. If we don’t take that action soon it will be too late and we are responsible for the billions of deaths in the future. This might even include the death of your own child. Think about it. I have and this I believe.