Alec - Livonia, Michigan
Themes: war

This I believe

I believe that the United States should be out of Iraq!

With year five on the approach on the way when the United States invaded Iraq many of American’s concern is whether or not we should still have troops in Iraq. I being a former Marine don’t believe that we should be in Iraq.

In the beginning the United States had every right to march into Iraq and seize what we thought was a government or dictatorship that was harboring terrorists. We had just had our home soil attacked; we were out for payback no matter what we said.

My main philosophy on Iraq is that it’s all based on religious beliefs. I know for a fact that I would do anything and I would give my life for my God if he asked me too. In a sense according the to Islamic Extremists’ beliefs that if they die for Allah that they are doing the greatest thing that they could do. Therefore one of the number one problems in the Middle East is suicide bombers. The United States can occupy and try to control the Iraqi’s but they can’t enforce an idea on them. The Iraqi people have had enough time to make there own opinions and the way things are going right now, we are not wanted any where in the middle east. In my opinion we are setting up for world war three with Iran, North Korea and Syria being the Axis powers to it all.

It is as simple as the fact that you can never kill off a religion. It will be alive tomorrow and the next day and the next thousand years. As long as that idea is impacted we will never win what we are trying to achieve. Wait, what are we trying to achieve?

Is there a guideline at what we are trying to achieve. Aren’t we supposed to be fighting terrorism? We attacked Iraq right? For supposedly harboring terrorists and for a ruthless dictator. Well give me a reason why we are not attacking Iran or Syria? I believe the reason is that we knew that our weakest opportunity was Iraq and we had our best chances at setting up future conflict from a place like Iraq; and let’s not forget about all that oil. As I read in Time magazine once that President George W. Bush’s father even told him to get out of Iraq.

Can we win a war where there is no war to be won, or is this there more to come in the unveiling place of Iraq or the Middle East. In every war a solider must always be able to ask himself one question. That question is, “What am I fighting for and who am I fighting for?” It’s not like Americans don’t support our troops it’s the fact that no one supports President Bush and his colleagues’ and our troops cant leave with out the go ahead from President Bush. That especially means Marines, were the first in and NEVER out!