Carlos - Thousand Oaks, California

This I believe,

That mankind can overcome our greed and arrogance to understand our limitations and prevent the consequences.

I believe that the political goals of blindly promoting dirty technologies like “clean coal” or “unlimited nuclear power” are sales gimmicks put forward by centralized forces interested in keeping common taxpayers addicted to consumerism. Should consumerism fail, so will those who force centralization upon us. To them, their wealth is more important than the success of mankind to transition to the future. To them, wars are a method to control population growth and ensure their success.

All energy, all resources, all life has developed from the forces that created our Earth, Sun and Moon. The energy we use today to achieve our daily routines has accumulated from billions of years of sunshine and its cumulative effects on living things.

Not long ago, the sunshine and life were in balance. Science has postulated that early mankind might have even been instrumental in stabilizing temperatures making life easier for many other species. But our growing populations and growing desire to escape our humanity has run amok. We must learn to balance our modern lives, our populations, and our technologies again to keep our lives sustainable for many future generations of our and other species.

Solutions to find this balance is to retreat to the hunter gatherer and agrarian roots of our ancestors using our technologies to our benefit, in a manner which is sustainable, which is renewable on a much more personal level.

Conservation is not a bad word. Getting more from less is both a capitalistic theme and the path our ancestors took for many millennia before our information age.

Wasting more to get less, as our present flavor of capitalism promotes, IS a bad way of life, a bad religion, a form of Satanic worship against our God who loves all life.

To conserve:

We can use our retirement savings to install solar panels manufactured in the Unite States on our roofs. Instead of consuming electricity at a higher and higher cost, local industries can pay us for the extra electricity we can produce on our roofs. The revenues can be paid back to our retirement accounts instead of wasted on CEO’s lavish lifestyles.

We, in our homes, or our local utilities can use the Reversible Methanol Fuel Cell to store fuels to run our homes and businesses at night.

We can provide legislative incentives to produce electricity from our dwindling resources much more efficiently with less pollution than today’s centralized power producers by promoting that businesses install micro-turbines with cogeneration, or high efficiency fuel-cell/micro-turbine hybrids.

Transportation for commuters and cargo can be revolutionized with the Advanced Vehicle Transport-Train,, getting us to and from work or play faster, with far less waste, home to our families and friends.

As Americans, should we go down this road, we can inspire others to follow our lead, to make our economy the most efficient and competitive without degrading our pursuit of happiness. We can export our expertise and regain our footing as leaders.

Should we not pursue this path, others will, and we will be followers. As the most wealthy wasteful nation on Earth. We will be the targets of greater terrorism and suffer the greatest under the atrophy of mankind we ourselves create. And we will grow weaker as time steals more of our resources from our future generations.

This I believe, and this I regret, should we not follow the obvious path laid out before us for our own salvation.