Shingo - Miami, Florida

I believe in the beneficial effect of sleep. I am a junior university student. I try to sleep enough hours because I know it is one of the easiest ways to make my campus life vivid. After I take six hours to eight hours of sleep, I feel recharged to start a day. This charge helps me in many ways.

It works great on study. It makes me concentrate on reading texts and understanding the class lectures. It has significant impact before the exams. When I notice that I am reading the same line or paragraph in a textbook in the evening, I do not hesitate to stop reading and postpone it to the next morning. Studying after breakfast is smoother than after dinner. A good review of the topic in the morning makes me understand the class lectures. It reminds me of the topic until the exam.

I really like to go to the gymnasium to work out. My purpose in going to the gym is to build up muscle. It requires exercise, nutrition, and sleep. A good night’s sleep gives me enough power to lift weights and prevents me from feeling dizzy. Every evening I work out, I go to bed even though I am not sleepy because I need to promote the process of building muscle.

I can maintain my mental health and friendship with adequate sleep. After a good sleep, everything in my life looks brilliant. Just chatting with my friends seems an important part of a day. I smile a lot because of the mental health; it leads my friends to smile at me. It causes a favorable cycle in relationships. A cheerful person attracts people and makes them happy. I assume that this is the basic tip of communication.

Even though I cannot continuously sleep around seven hours, one or two hours of nap helps me. When I read a book about the effect of nap on study, I was skeptical about whether it really worked. I share a room and my roommate has the practice of taking a one hour nap after lunch. I have adjusted my lifecycle to his, and I now take short naps like he does. I realize that it has a significant effect on me. I am an exchange student to the U.S. and sometimes have difficulty in catching what people say in English; however, after the good sleep, I am confident of my listening.

In conclusion, I am satisfied with my lifestyle. It gives me vitality to work on study and exercise. Because a lot of energy, I can be cheerful; which leads to better human relations. I did not learn it suddenly, but I have acquired it through my life. I believe in the beneficial effect of sleep.