Terry - Indianapolis, Indiana

This I Believe, God Is And He Loves Me. I was taught there is a God as a child and was told that He loved me. As I grew I prayed sometimes and thought about Him once in a while, but did a lot of what I wanted to do and even felt guilty at times, thinking I wasn’t making God happy when I made wrong choices. Life was good and life was hard at times. I lost my husband to a bad heart and was a widow at 33. I raised our son who was nine when his Dad passed, worked a full time foundry job on third shift and ran our shoe repair business as well as watching over my Mom. My belief and relationship with God grew especially when times were hard. Years later, Mom had passed, my son was grown, I had closed the business and then got struck with MCS or Multiple Chemical Sensitivity from my job. I was awaiting compensation, court hearings, and fighting for my health. It was spring, the sun was out, warmer temps were upon us and I had made a choice not to let any negative thought get me down today. I walked the center of my road a few blocks, lifted my hands to thank God I had this great time to enjoy and as I turned completely around, I said aloud,”Father I love You so very, very, very,very, very, very,very, much. I stopped and opened my eyes and saw a big green garbage can with the lid over a huge stuffed animal that looked new and I decided to investigate. As I took this huge caterpiller out and turned it so I could see it better I read from hearts that were attached to each section. I love you so very, very, very, very, very, very, very, much. I felt like the most blessed and loved kid ever. I have my caterpiller and my belief that God is and that He loves me, and it was very confirmed that day. I am so glad He loves me and I love Him.