Patrick - Alamosa, Colorado

I believe in saving. Recently there was a report that Ameicans are saving at a lower rate than in the Depression years of the 1930’s. I guess I am in the minority on this, for a variety of reasons. When I got my first job during High School my mother very seriously told me to always save a little from each paycheck. I listened intently to her advice and then proceeded to ignore it for decades. Many years later after realizing that my daughter was going to graduate from college with a large dabt my mother’s advice came ringing back to me. Mabye it was time to start saving and to look at it in a different way. I am a realtively optimistic person and I think saving money is a sign of optimism. I believe we should save for a hopeful future – not saving for a rainy day but a sunny day. I have a fairly modest life style, drive a 12 year old car and want for nothing. Some years ago, after moving from the city to a small town I scaled back my material wants. Trying to save a little each month isn’t always easy but it makes me feel good when I can do it. It gives me hope for the future. I might not have everything I want but I usually have evrything I need. Everyone saves for different reasons. The fact that I am saving anything would make my mother proud. This I believe.