Believing in Miracles

Caroline - USA

I have learned that even though many people do not believe in miracles they do happen and when they do they are unforgettable. When I was in second grade my aunt was in a horrible car accident. She did not have her seat belt on and was thrown from her car window into a rocky ditch. Upon arrival at the hospital they said she would only have a ten percent chance of living. When the accident happened, I was still young and didn’t understand very well. All I knew was that my aunt “fish” was hurt and could die. To our surprise, she lived. Even though she is paralyzed, she still does amazing things. In fact, a few months ago she went skiing, something the doctors said she would never be able to do. Many people say that miracles do not happen. For my aunt that day, a miracle did occur and it made her a stronger person then she ever was. Before this incident, I did not believe in miracles because nothing miraculous had happened in my life. Some may say that this accident was a horrible time and it made life more difficult. But instead of looking at the glass half empty, I looked at it half full. I believe that that day, she gained a strength that many people don’t have; the will to live