CARLOS - CALEXICO, California

I believe that all is one.

I do not perceive everything as one in an immediate sense. The nearest that I can come to experience this belief, is through my perception of all things being related. Everything is interrelated.

But alas, I do not perceive everything as interrelated in a clear way either. So, I must count on the interrelations that I do perceive, in order to experience this, my belief.

There are basic relationships such as wet and water, or cold and snow. And there are also more subtle ones such as feelings and thoughts, thoughts and words, words and deeds, deeds and stars. The finest relationships are between me and others. Personal attitude is related to universal outcome. The deepest and richest personal feeling depends as well as it changes the whole structure of the universe, from local climate to expanding galaxies. All is one.

The more I am able to experience this oneness, the more I know my place in the world. The more I know I am here to contribute and to receive others’ contributions. All contributions are driven by a same desire, which may be called by a different name, or felt differently or thought of differently, or pronounced differently by different people. But this “drive”, this desire is the same.

I believe that all things are in their perfect state, yet I also fail to perceive this. Life is my effort to unveil everything I see wrong, and to convince myself of the underlying truth: That everything is perfect the way it is.

I have a choice. I can take life to be the illusion of imperfectness, or I can see life as the perfect ness behind all I see.

I could take all my perceptions of everything that is wrong with the world, and think that this is the truth. That this “wrong way” is the way the world really is.

Or, I can see that everything imperfect is a mere illusion, and what I need to do is lift the veil to reveal the truth, to see myself as one with all in the world. Discover that every single thing, as well as the whole, is in its perfect state.

What happens when I convince myself of this? It is not that I merely change my perception of disease, and now think that disease is OK.

When I see that there is no disease, disease disappears. It is no more.

I believe that I have changed my world by believing this.

I believe that the world I see is the world I am capable of believing to be.

I believe I must work on this belief, in order to contribute more to the world.

And this, I believe.