Alex - Devon, Pennsylvania

A lot of people in this world don’t want to admit their problems. I believe that people should seek out others in trouble and help them even if they don’t ask for help.

There are thousands of people in this world suffering right now from addictions to drugs and alcohol. If you have a loved one that is addicted to a detrimental substance you should want to help them. Whether it’s a parent, a sibling, or a friend if you feel that the substance is destroying their life I believe you should try and help them out. One way you could help them out is by staging an intervention—gathering all the people who care about them and try and help them realize that they are hurting themselves. Hopefully you can convince them to check themselves into rehab. They probably aren’t going to ask for your help but I believe it is your responsibility to give your best efforts in helping them.

Others you know maybe suffering from abuse. If you have seen a friend or family member that you know is being abused you feel helpless because when you ask them about it they deny any abuse. They won’t admit that they want your help but you should try your best to help them out in anyway you can.

There’s trouble all around us. Whether you admit it or not we all appreciate help when we get it. Many of us are too shy, too ashamed, too embarrassed that we are in trouble. These are the people who need the help most. So, I believe that we should all try and help out people no matter if they ask for our help or not.