Brian - Illinois
Themes: work

Hard Work

S E T T I NG G O A L S and making plans to achieve our goals/ are the keys to success. Our parents work hard and sacrifice as much as possible/ so that we will have a good life. By working hard and taking responsibility one can rise as high as their God-given potential. I believe in work?, hard work,/ and long hours of hard work. I believe good things happen because of hard work. Becoming a success is a matter of hard work. For example//, success in an athletic competition is directly related to the practice and hard work that is done before the contest.

While many feel that luck plays a greater role in their future than hard work, my experience suggests otherwise. I b e l i e v e that luck/ has a very small role in achieving continued success. ?The much greater role// is the hard work that is put forth in the effort to achieve a goal. As a result/, I believe that, in large part, our future is within our control and not strictly a matter of luck.

In order to achieve our goals we need to challenge ourselves. When you discipline yourself to do what is hard/, you can achieve p o s i t i v e/ long term results. Tackling challenges builds character just like lifting weights, builds muscle. If you avoid challenging work, you avoid what it takes to succeed. We have to understand that achieving certain goals does not just happen in life without sustained effort. Goals will only be achieved as a result of hard work and perseverance/. The harder you strive for success, the greater the likelihood that rewards/ will be achieved during your life. It is just like saying “The deeper you dig, the more treasure you can likely find”.

All in all, if you really want to attain a significant goal in your life, you must be willing to sacrifice and work hard to achieve that success. If you want to make a difference in your life, then you must understand that hard work is the price you’re going to have to pay in order to make that difference count in a meaningful way.