Kat - western springs, Illinois

Today I am young. Today I am myself. Today I will celebrate life like there is no tomorrow. Today this is my belief

When I was little I used to go to my grandma’s house during the day. She was constantly happy, and would run up and hug me until I could barely breathe. She would always take me to the park or play card games with me. One of the most important pieces of advice I was ever told was given to me during one of these days by her. She told me to live every day like it was the greatest day of my life. Being the age I was, I never really took into consideration the true meaning of what she was telling me. Now I realize the point. When I see my grandma now, she seems slower and more soft spoken. It makes me think that one day I know I’m not always going to be able to do the things I’ve always wanted to do, and I’m not always going to be able to enjoy the things I enjoy now.

Since I’ve realized this I made the decision that I am going to try to enjoy my life more. I want to feel more than dread when I wake up in the morning and get ready for school. I want to appreciate the day like it is the greatest day of my life. I know I can’t do this everyday, but I like to keep it in mind. I understand the fact that I may not like waking up at six every morning. I know sometimes I’m going to slip and fall in front of a crowd, but I laugh it off. I’ve learned to enjoy the best, accept the worst, and look forward to what may come in the future. As long as I am here I might as well make the best of my life. I want to be happy and I will be. I’m 15 years young and I should be whoever I want to be.

Today will be my greatest day. This I believe.