Steven - LaGrange, Illinois

There have been many times when I have had goals for myself and tried to stick with them but failed. Just those few times that I have really wanted something and been able to accomplish it, it really paid off. Some goals are easier to achieve than others and some are harder than others but that feeling I get when I am able to do what I set out to do is amazing. I believe in sticking with goals.

When I was in fifth grade I was still doing band and there was an announcement that we would be able to sell chocolate candies and get certain prizes for the more items sold. My friend and I made a deal that I would get the Xbox and he would get all the prizes before that. I was looking for that Xbox which was a brand new system back then and my friend got about 10 things that were actually pretty cool.

We had 4 weeks to sell 200 items in chocolate which were priced around ten dollars each. I started out with my house and all of my neighbors to a good start of about 30 that week. The next week I went to people I knew pretty well but not like friends. I got up to about 50 that week and was struggling. I needed to sell a lot more and did not know who to sell to. I asked my friends if they knew any people who would want the candy and was very helpful. I had sold around 85 by the end of the third week and the final week I had finished with 92 items sold. I asked my friend how many he sold and he said 121! I was so shocked by how many he had sold so fast and easily. I asked him how he did it and he said his dad bought 50 right of the bat for gifts at work and then brought it to his work and sold some there.

So we had a grand total of 213 items sold which were enough for the Xbox and all the other gifts. I was so happy and sent the sheets in and just waited anxiously until they gave the prizes. My friend and I were the only people to sell enough items to get the Xbox so I had to wait an extra week to get it but I was so proud of myself for sticking with my goal and was definitely rewarded for it.