Alexandra - Wayne, Pennsylvania

I believe that time is a burden. People have been living around the clock since it was invented. Once the clock was created people became so dependent on it to follow the exact moment when things occurred. I like many others have planned my life around the clock.

I am a student in high school and my day is a very scheduled day. I go from class to class based upon the time of day. I raise my hand, copy notes, and take tests. My days consist of basically the same activities day after day. The major difference in my days is that they are constantly changing based upon the events that might happen or the material that I learn about. The one thing that never changes is the time that each class occurs. Every day I go from chemistry to social studies to spanish, math and finally english. Those classes really never change their order for the entire year. They are all set at a scheduled time.

My day is constantly revolving around time. I complete many different activities within my day but they are all within an allotted time period. I could probably write out my entire school day schedule and for the most part it would be the same from the time I get up to the time that I eat dinner every night.

This very structured schedule becomes a large burden because it is so time oriented. Sometimes I feel like I have to schedule in fun things that I like to do. Even when I am doing activities that are not school work oriented I feel as if I am wasting my precious time. Even when I relax and just watch TV for a little time I am constantly watching the clock hoping that the show will not end, because that means that time is once again ticking by.

Since I have been raised in a very time oriented society it has created certain qualities in me that make it burdensome. I sometimes feel tense when I have to rush to finish something by a certain time. It is also very restrictive in the activities I do because there are simply not enough hours in the day. It can also be burdensome because it is very draining to have to constantly worry about what time things have to be done or when things are going to occur.

I am sure many people sometimes wish that time would freeze and they could just enjoy their life. In reality, time will never freeze so people need to realize that they should enjoy life. I have learned that life moves by very fast, and so I should not focus on the individual hours of my scheduled day. I should instead focus on how much I am enjoying the day as a whole.