Justin - Indian Head Park, Illinois
Themes: work

Ever since I was a little boy my mother told me that I have always worked hard at everything that I attempted to do. I asked my mother, “Why do I work so hard?” and she said that it is in my character. Still, years later I continue to work hard at whatever it is that is important to me. When you work hard on any activity, it makes the outcome feel just a bit better. I do not know why I am a hard worker but, maybe it’s something I was born with or something I was taught.

I believe in that hard work and dedication go hand in hand because you can not have one without the other. Hard work and dedication in my opinion are the keys to a successful life. Hard work can allow you to overcome many obstacles and help you reach many of your goals. Hard work allows you to succeed because the harder you try, there is a greater chance for you to become successful. Dedication allows you to make a self connection that keeps you trying until you successfully finish your objective. When you are dedicated you create an ownership to what you are working for, it tends to mean more to you, which in turn creates a feeling of fulfillment and pride. For example, freshmen year I joined a sport that I never would have attempted. I practiced six days a week, learning new skills, developing strategies, and creating a healthy fit body. The first few matches were difficult for me because I was not winning. This made me work harder. It also made me pat forth more effort so that I could keep up with my competition. Most of my competition has been wrestling for a lot longer than I had. Even though I lost matches I never gave up. As the season progressed I started to win matches and tournaments. The only way I was able to overcome this obstacle was through hard work and dedication. The feeling of inner strength and confidence that I held within myself is worth more to me then being given something that I did not earn.

The lesson to be learned is that hard work and dedication are the keys to success. Although the work might be difficult and it may go on for a while, the inner rewards will have a greater impact in your life and for your future. That is why I believe in hard work and in dedication.