Karyadath - India
Age Group: 65+

Do good to others and you don’t have to wait for your reward in the Heavens, but more often you get it in your life, when you least expect it.

One day a person came to my office with a grateful smile. I could not place him but he introduced himself and said that he, his wife and children remembered me whenever they sat together in their home in the evenings. He then recalled how I sanctioned him a loan to build his house some years ago when he was in dire need of finances for building his house in a plot owned by him. Without the loan he could not have built his house and he was not able to get the loan from any other source.

As per the company(Where he and I worked) procedures he was not entitled to the loan since the house he was proposing to build fell beyond the perimeter specified in the procedures. He approached me and narrated his woes pleading with me to make an exception in his case. After convincing myself that it was a fit case for the exception, I sanctioned the loan with proper, undisputable and impeccable justification. He built the house and moved with his newly married wife to his new house from where he was staying with his parents and siblings in an overcrowded house.

Years passed by and I left that organization to join another one. On that day he happen to come to my new organization and on recognizing me ventured into my office to express his and his family’s sentiments for an act which I had forgotten long back(had to be reminded by him) and done only with the intention of helping a needy person.

I felt elated and was happy that he was grateful to me for my small act and that he remembered it often in the company of his family. It was gratifying for me to realize that people would think of you kindly and recall the good deed you had done to them

I did not have to wait for my reward in the heavens and it was given to me here on this earth.