Vince - Indian Head Park, Illinois

I believe that with every opening night comes an incredible adventure. The world of theatre is something almost impossible for the everyday person to understand. It is fast paced, nerve racking, exhausting, and incredibly fun all at the same time. The casts of overly dramatic people add to a story not only onstage but the story off stage. However incredibly chaotic the life of a live actor or performer is, the feeling you receive from the work you have done is one of the most amazing feelings.

I can recall one show as an incredible adventure and I remember so many moments from it as if it was yesterday (and as a matter of fact it was just yesterday). My sophomore year musical, “The Wiz”, was one of the most exciting journey’s I have ever embarked on. Upon hearing that “The Wiz” would be this years musical, many people became very skeptical. This show called for a cast of all African-Americans, and unfortunately that is something that is not really all too common in the LT theatre program. Since the cast ended up being primarily Caucasian, we had to overcome the obstacle of race. With a gallant effort we worked hard and succeeded.

During the run of the show the biggest adventure was coping with the fast passed speed of the show and the almost impossible task of costumes. In its entirety I had a whopping ten costume changes including a quick-change that was less than fifty seconds into a full piece suit. The combination of the costumes and show speed lead to mass chaos. It was one of the hardest shows to keep in order, but the task of managing it lead to satisfaction in the end.

I can only look back at the memories I have created. The last performance was an extremely emotional time. I said my final goodbyes to the seniors I’ve grown to love for two years now. I look at them and hope that the impact they left on me is something I can leave on the underclassmen when I am a senior. Our hard work, effort, and talent drove us to produce one of the best shows that LT has ever seen. Now I can add another program to my box full of the other programs from past shows and feel that feeling of success because I believe that with every opening night comes an incredible adventure.