Music is the Key to One’s Soul

Hannah - Western Springs

I tap my foot in class, hum a tune in the hallway, and belt all the notes out at home; music consumes me. I believe music is the key to one’s soul. You can do most anything through music; communicate, show your love for another person, or show how you are feeling any day. The instruments or the vocals come out of the speakers and unlock the soul of the listener entranced in the music. I have an undying love for music whether I’m singing or just listening to it, I can’t get enough. It fills me with the joy and happiness; there is no explanation to how just little notes on a page can change your mood and sometimes your life.

Even after a rough day, no matter how I feel, I walk into the chorus room and a smile comes to my face and my mood is immediately lifted. I’m filled with an energy more powerful than ten cups of coffee. The notes from the page go through my head, out my mouth which makes my heart tremble. My heart begins to beat faster as I close my eyes and let the music absorb me and take me away. The chorus room is not the only place that a person maybe swept away with the hum of the piano or the outstanding vocal range of a singer. Music can be anywhere and capture someone’s heart anytime. There is a song for every mood and ever person at anytime. I have come after numerous tough days and erase all my worries by putting in my tiny white ipod headphones. As I hit the play button everything whirls around me and disappears. Then there are days I am bouncing off the walls and I turn on one of my favorite songs, “Freaker by the Speaker,” and I have an intense dance session.

All the music in this entire world comes out of the passion of the writers, composers, singers; they all have that one thing in common, their undying passion for music is in their hearts and they spread this to everyone else. They have the ability to change moods, lives, and days. There is a soundtrack to everyone’s life and the music inside you has its ups and downs, the overall piece is one of the most beautiful sounds you will ever hear. It is unstoppable feeling, overcoming the body and taking you into your own world, nothing matters, you’re alone with the music.