charles - Tuscaloosa, Alabama

I believe most people see God as a metaphor. If you speak of a knife in front of you, you can speak of it as a distant thing. To just speak of the shadow of it’s nature. If you run your thumb down the edge of it’s blade,(hold that feeling!) you have the absolute experience of God. Just to the side of that knife edge is where you need to live your life. Before words come in to the experience, in the silence, before your words can hang a face on God.. if you put a face of your understanding on God, you can put God in a teacup. Live your life knowing this is your last breath, as if you had just stepped off a cliff. for in truth you have, know this now,make your choices for what you will want to go with you. As in ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade’, be the humble bug you are, kneel, or the blade will cut. and that you are nothing more than a little bug to the experience of God. Everyone needs, and deserves, the freedom to know God from who they are. No one has the right to religiously oppress any other person. It is criminal to force anyone’s views of God on another. All need to find God from who they are.