Olya - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe in Music

I believe that music can make a person happy. Music is a powerful force that can show how a person is feeling.

When I listen to music it makes me feel really strong, like I can do anything! I have the power to imagine anything or be anyone I want. I can just put on some music, lay down, close my eyes and escape into a world of my own. Sometimes I feel so strong that I just want to stand up and let all my thoughts and imaginations out.

I am the one in charge and I can change into someone strong, someone that doesn’t care about what others think. Music makes me confident and different. Speaking of different, music also connects different people. Not just connecting people, music can also show differences between the different people and their beliefs. Different cultures have different types of music. Also different types of celebrations have different music that shows the kind of feelings people portray. At funerals the music is slow and sad and at parties, like weddings, the music is loud because people celebrate a new beginning. When music is slow, the mood people have is usually sad and lonely. In the other hand when music is loud and crazy, the mood that is being should is excitement and happiness.

Do you ever listen to different types of music to connect with your own emotions? I know I do. When doing homework I always listen to music. I need music to concentrate and when my music is playing I get done with things faster. Also, before I go to bed I always listen to music. But when doing my homework and before going to bed I listen to two totally different types of music. When I do my homework, I like to listen to loud music that gets me excited to do my homework, well kind of. Maybe its to finish it faster so I could move on to my next type of music. Like, before I go to bed I like to listen to slow music that helps my mind and my thoughts calm down and escape for the day so I can have new thoughts in my mind the next day. Music is one important thing in my life that makes me happy. if I don’t want to talk to anyone because I am sad or I just don’t feel like talking I use music as an escape and an excuse not to talk. Music is the only thing that makes me feel better because some songs exemplify what and how I’m feeling.