David - LaGrange,, Illinois
Themes: change

I believe that change is for the better. Many people believe that change is bad, many people are scared of change because they do not want the life that they are used to, to change. But, I believe that change is not something to be feared, it is something to welcome. I see change as a new opportunity, a new chance. I have been playing soccer since I was a young child. My first club was a local club and I played with many of my friends. But, as I grew older, I wanted to play for a more competitive team. I had to leave my club and all of the friends, I left and joined a new team in Darien. I did not know anybody on this team and it took me a while to get used to it but eventually I learned to really like the team and my coach. We went on tournaments together and had a lot of fun together. But, only one year after I joined, the team fell apart. I was forced once again to leave and find a new team. When this happened I was devastated, I did not think I could ever find a team as good and as fun as I had been on before. So, I joined a team in Hinsdale, this time, being more used to changing teams it was not so bad, but the team was not what I had hoped for so only half a year later I left and went to the team to another team in Lyndon. When I first joined this time, I instantly felt welcome and had a great time. I have playing with this team now for two and one half years and I am thankful that I decided to leave my original club to begin with. If I had not made the choice to change, I would not be nearly as good, as have as much fun playing soccer as I do today. Even though changing teams was often difficult to say the least. Each time I became better and emerged better off than I was before. So, this is why I believe that change can often be for the better. If you don’t ever try anything different, nothing will ever change and you may never reach your full potential.