Frank - LaGrange Park, Illinois

I find it good to believe in things because it keeps your head up and looking towards the future. One of the few things I believe in is that little things can make a person’s day. I know this to be true because it has happened to me and I have done this for others. People may not agree with me but those people are probably spoiled and can only be happy with material possessions. I like doing things for people but I’m also really lazy. So when I can make someone happy with a minimal amount of effort that makes me feel good. Don’t get me wrong I would do anything for my friends and family. I’m just really lazy. Anyway, I know what I believe in to be true because one day when I came home from the school after it had snowed a lot, I shoveled without being asked. When my dad found out he didn’t have to shovel after coming home from work he was very happy and proud of me. He was happy for the rest of the day and kept saying thanks to me. It only took about twenty minutes and he was happy for a good 7 hours.

Another time was when I shaved without being asked to. My dad hates it when I don’t shave because he says it looks sloppy. Once again my laziness hinders me from doing so constantly without being asked. So one day I did it without being asked and he was very happy because he didn’t have to look at my scrappy “beard.” He still pesters me about shaving, but I am much better than I used to be.

Another reason I know my belief to be true is that this has happened to me. I’m a pretty easy person to please. I like things simple and I try to avoid any complicating things. So one day I was hanging out with my friends and my friend brought the video game I left at his house without me asking him. This made me happy for a couple reasons. One I didn’t have to go get it later and two it shows that he’s more responsible than me. That’s always a good thing to know. This is all it takes to make someone happy a little bit of effort and a little bit of kindness.