elizabeth - burr ridge, Illinois

I believe that laugher is the cure for bad moods, awkwardness, and is key to living a positive life.

It was the summer before freshman year of high school and I was experimenting with new groups of friends. During that time I had been hanging out with a few girls from St. Johns and I had decided to invite them to sleepover at my house. It was a little awkward at first, keeping the conversation going, since we did not know each other well and were not really close friends. That all changed when the funniest thing happened.

I was in the basement with all of the girls when my friend Ryan felt like she was going to be sick. She went upstairs to go to the bathroom, but when she got to the top of the stairs the door was locked. We were all locked in my basement, our phones did not have reception to call the house, and my parents’ could not hear us screaming! The only way we could get out was to crawl through the window in the basement, climb through the window well to ground level, and open the garage door. That task soon turned into a harder one.

I was too scared to climb through the window, since I had no idea what was in the window well, and so were the other three girls. Since Ryan was the one that needed to go upstairs the most, she volunteered to climb up. When we opened the window, Ryan climbed in, and then she screamed and jumped right out. There was a frog in the window staring right at us. I was so scared yet laughed on the floor hysterically, everyone was. What were the five of us suppose to do when, by this time, we all had to go to the bathroom, and we were all afraid of this live frog? We had to fish the frog out with a tennis racket and put it inside a drum head in order for us to escape from what seemed by this time to be a dungeon.

In the end, we all escaped and we all survived. Looking back at that night I have never had so much fun. It brought all of my girlfriends together, and proved to me that laughter not only lets everyone have a good time, but also brings people closer to one another. The laughter that I share with my friends, forms the memories that I will always remember with my friends.