Katie - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe that everyone is shaped by their surrounding family and friends. People make a great influence on other people. When children are younger, they look up to their parents, brothers and sisters. They learn different aspects of life from them. They may make certain religious and political views based on their parent’s views. Also, friends help to influence a person. Whether they have the same views on values, or differ, they can influence their friends to behave, or think in a certain way.

With the different aspects of religion, culture, and politics, my family and extended family has the same views that were past down from my grandparents. Many interests can be influenced by someone’s parents. My dad has always liked to golf, and got my brother involved when he was younger. He put him in lessons, and got him involved in tournaments. Now my brother still plays golf, and enjoys it. Religious views are often past down to children from their parents. I have the same religious views as my parents, and they have the same religious views as my grandparents did. Parents and siblings form a person’s lifestyle and personality.

Friends also make a big influence on people. My friends influence me to do certain things. One of my friends, in the beginning of freshman year, influenced me to join the Cross Country team to get involved. I never ran competitively, and did not want to do it at all. She tried convincing me all summer, and told me to at least come to the first practice. It ended up being really fun, and I knew a lot of people doing it, so I stuck with it. I am glad that she convinced me to be in cross country, because I really liking it, and I met a lot of people. Whether its just saying that a pair of shoes are cute, or trying to influence someone to join a sport or club with them, friends greatly impact a persons life. A friend’s opinions mean a lot to people, and they influence a person because of what they think. My friends opinions mean a lot to me, and influence me in a huge way.

Family and Friends make a huge impact on a person. When little kids are beginning to go to school, if their parents do not help them to learn, or do homework with them, they may not be as willing to learn as someone who got a lot of help from parents, and time spent with them. Friends and family influence everyone’s life. Sometimes in bad ways, and others times in good ways, whether everyone likes it or not, they are influenced by the people around them. Everyone is shaped by their family and friends around them.