Luc - LaGrange, Illinois

Goals For Life

I believe that if one sets reasonable goals for oneself, then with time that goal will come true. Without setting goals, the world itself would cease to exist. Without setting goals, the individual could not function the way our personality desires us to. Without setting goals, improvement upon anything would not be possible.

What many people seem miss out of in life, is the mere fact to hope and strive for something that their heart desires. However, setting a goal does not always have to be a significant step in life, but it can be a series of short individual steps in order to one day achieve a bigger goal. For example, an athlete could set a goal to practice a certain skill everyday so that in his next game, he can use that skill to play to his fullest potential. Another prime example could be a student finding the drive in the morning to get him or herself out of bed and go to school, to one day receive the education they have worked so hard for. However, goals big or small could be an immense factor in making life a more encouraging place.

For myself, I set a goal to go to a Big Ten College. The campus’ are beautiful and the environments are wonderful. However, in order to achieve this goal, I push myself extremely hard in school and take the classes that will challenge me and at the same time take classes that will interest me as well. With these classes, I plan to make an impression on the colleges that I wish to attend and prepare myself for life after school. Every day, I consider why I push myself this hard and how I plan to achieve this lofty goal, and each and every day has a more clear and defined meaning. However, I realize that just pushing myself merely on academics is not the only thing I need to do, and that I must apply myself to my school and my community. In fact, last year I helped the homeless by washing their bed sheets and collected food for the poor. And this year, I peer tutor for my school and I have applied to do volunteer work for the hospital. By applying myself to this wide variety of places in my community, my goal of making it to my dream college is becoming more and more clear.

If one cannot capture the true essence of setting goals in life, they will not go very far and most likely live an unfulfilling life. If one could see the true value of setting goals, and having a stern belief in pushing themselves, their goals should one day come true.