Danielle - Durango, Colorado

I am a 28 year old young woman curently living in Colorado and I believe in the power of dreams. This essay isn’t about dreaming or having the courage to dream big, it is about the woman in my life who encouraged me to believe in my dreams, my mother.

Throughout my life my family has moved often

and we have at times found our selves without many things that are everyday comforts, some people might have even said we were poor. Yet, even in the hardest of times my mother always dreamed big. She worked hard, sometimes three jobs while I helped out with the daily chores and three younger siblings. My mother always came home with a beautiful big smile for us although in her eyes I could see exhaustion. I never really talked to my mom about why she worked so hard because I Knew in my heart it was becasue she had a dream. Her dream was to make a life of happiness possible for her children.

Seeing my mother give so much because she wanted more for her kids gave me the power to dream. As I grew, I did things that I really didn’t think I could or would do. I did things that I dreamed about. I went to college and recieved my bachelors in science, I traveled the world and did volunteer projects. I have never doubted that if I really wanted something I could make it into a reality. I learned how to believe in my dreams. Without my mothers shining example I may not have done some of the incredible things I have done or seen amazing places. Without my mother I wouldn’t believe that every thing you dream can come true.