Staci - West Lafayette, Indiana
Themes: science

One Plus One Equals…

I believe in chemistry. In school, the dreaded molecular, thermo, or organic categories come to mind. However in life, chemistry is the force that that brings two objects together that are inevitably meant to be. It influences your passion in life, the goals you want to achieve, or the person who you belong with. But makes the reaction complete?

Whether someone believes their calling is feeding the hungry, being a housewife, or becoming a CEO, everyone has a purpose, procedure, action, and end product, just like an experiment in chemistry. We experience chemistry between something we love to do or are meant to do. For me, I dream to work in the medical field. I love helping people, discovering new things, and the idea of working with medicine that will be beneficial to others. Those are the end products I desire to achieve. Knowing I can make a difference in the world and change lives by doing what I enjoy makes me think I’m using the right resources around me. The procedure of my life includes my education at Purdue University, the clubs and activities I am involved in, and internships that prepare me for real world circumstances. Determining your passion is a continuous experiment through life. We learn how to react to or avoid certain situations.

Another part of life’s chemistry in life is finding true love. The one that is your other half. The one that completes you. The one that balances the equation. I believe in not “settling” for someone who is good to you, but finding the one who is perfect for you. For example, when you are in love for the first time and the simplest smile or touch makes everything fall into place, but the simplest fight can make you feel out of your element. When things mix well together, your heart speeds up like a catalyst and form great relationships, or products.

With chemistry, there has to be attraction towards each other, creating a bond just as molecules collide and bond. Comparing a relationship and a reversible reaction, things can go forwards or backwards. Sometimes things are for the better, and sometimes for the worse. The chemistry that forms a relationship takes time; it could take a lot of time for things to react and speed up, or it could happen spontaneously. Each chemical reaction has varying reactants, people, circumstances, or passions, which lead to different outcomes and possibilities. If you mix the wrong things together, the relationship is unreactive and fails.

Whether it is finding your calling or purpose in life or spending the rest of your days with the perfect someone, it all involves chemistry. Life is the process of forming the right reaction that will yield its maximum potential. Chemistry between the reactants will eventually make a satisfying product and will produce an enormous amount of happiness, contentment, and an overall balanced equation.