Rwenda - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Rwenda Robinson

I believe people should watch what they do. They may think what they’re doing doesn’t matter, but it does.

I had started to become very lazy and didn’t care much of anything. I didn’t think of it as much though. I just figured it was a phase I was going through and that it would eventually go away. I was wrong. It got worse and I guess I needed something bog to knock some sense into me.

One day I was sleeping and one of my little brothers had a couple of friends over that morning. When I got up I went to go charge my laptop, but it wasn’t there. So, I asked my brother where my laptop was. He said it was in the box, but it wasn’t. Later we found out that my little brothers so called “friends”, had stolen it and smashed it with a crowbar. That was the last day I had my laptop.

After that happened, I figured since the bad part was over everything would be good, right? Wrong. It just got worse. I had woken up hearing my brother saying that my cat had died. So, right away, I got up and went to the living room. My mom told me to go outside and check on Precious (my cat). I went outside and saw her lying on the ground. It was Christmas Day, and I had lost my cat.

So, in the end I realized that what goes around comes around. Karma, it could be a good thing or a bad thing. I just want people to know that they should watch what they do. You never know what might happen next. And be careful because you’ll never know how much you care for something until it’s gone. This I believe.