Drake - miami, Florida

Karma I believe is the way of the universe. Once when I was too young to reach the

counter but old enough to know how to use the chair, I decided to steal the cookies from

the cookie jar. For about ten minutes I was jubilantly satisfied. I thought nobody would

ever know since mom gave no indication of awareness. The next day I sat down with

my brown paper bag lunch, it had been a long morning and I wanting nothing but the

cookies I thought to be inside. I opened it up and found what I call Karma, I had eaten

the last of the cookies.

Whenever I commit an action that breaks my code of morales, I know it. I know it be

fore, during, and especially after; in each and every instance. Often times something

bad later will happen too me and I will attribute it to karma. Maybe we unconsciously

bring these misfortunes upon ourselves and by doing so repent.

What goes around comes around. In my senior year of high school somebody stole my

friends car. We were all upset talking smack like if we found the guy who did it, we

would teach him a lesson or two. This was a desired fantasy to try and make our friend

feel better. Well it turned out that same guy totaled the car and ended up in the hospital

Good deeds bring a feeling of happiness. Every time I do what I see to be a selfless ac

tion I feel good about myself. Often times the rest of the day feels somehow unreal, eve

rything seems to just go right.

“Do unto others, as you would have others, do unto you” the golden rule. I have learned

to follow it through trial and error. Once a girl broke my friends heart and the guy who

she left him for forbade them to see each other. My friend began trying to find out where

the new guy lived so he could vandalize his car. I told him that this course of action

would solve nothing, and the best thing he could do was be the bigger man and forget

about it. With much reluctance he agreed. Two days later the same girl called my friend.

She had broke up with her boyfriend and she wanted to go to lunch.

Many people doubt it and call these action reaction’s happenstance or coincidence. In

my analysis of the world around me I learn through experiences. Experience has taught

me, wether it be Karma or coincidence, things seem too always balance out, some

times in ways we don’t even notice, sometimes way down the road.