Robert - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: carpe diem

“What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”

If your not going to die why not do it, why not go for it and do what you want to do. That’s what I always say. “What doesn’t kill makes you stronger” all you can do is grow and learn from a good or bad experience. If you never take risks you’ll never know what could’ve happened. Then you might start thinking later on and wish you would have took that risk. Never have any regrets in life because that could haunt you, it’ll just stay in the back of your mind. Everybody has their own things that their scared of, some people are scared of heights, spiders, failure, or even just talking to the opposite sex. I think some people let their mind get the best of them and they start thinking of all kinds of ridiculous things.

One time my whole family and me went to the lake and took the speedboat and the tube. We would tie the tube to the boat and my dad would pull us. It’s so much fun, even though it hurts sometimes when you fall off, the pain will go away eventually. Anyways my cousins Lisha and Denise wanted to try it but they were scared of the water. They thought they were going to drown, even though they were wearing a life jacket. Then they started thinking if they fall off their going to get attacked by sharks or alligators or something. Which they can’t because it’s a lake and sharks or alligators don’t live in lakes. Somehow we convinced them to get on and they loved it, until they fell off, then they both started freaking out, they started kicking up all kinds of water into their face and nose. Now we talk about it sometimes and their like “why did I do that?” now they want to do it again because they remembered how much fun it was when they were on the tube.

Facing your fears straight on is the best way to overcome them. When your put in a situation its how you handle it, that’s the way you overcome your fears. Just stay calm and ask yourself “what’s the worst that could happen?” If you want to talk to talk to somebody, just do it, all they could is say something you don’t want to hear and everybody goes through that. Maybe if you take that risk you could at least make a new friend or meet somebody different. If a guy wants to ask a girl out I think he should do it, all they could say is no, or vice versa. Its not like it’s the end of the world. Just learn from it and think to yourself “what could I do to make it better next time?” Just have confidence in everything that you do and think positive. Remember, What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.”