William - Frostproof, Florida

It has been 4 years to the day, that I received the news that changed my life forever. Feb. 21, 2003 I heard the words, “You have Multiple Scloresis”. I was at a loss for words, I was in a sort of shock, my wife just cried, and grabbed my hand as the Doctor told me what it all meant. Little did I know that wasn’t the only disease I had to deal with.

In the Spring of 2005, I was diagnosed this time with Rhuematoid Arthritis, a very painful disorder that affects the joints of the body.

However, dispite this, and dispite all the agony and pain and mental anguish that comes with these debilating diseases, I believe I can survive. I believe that one day, I will wake up without having any pain, I believe that one day modern medicine will have a cure for both of these terrible conditions, and I believe in the strength of support from my family and close friends to get me through the tough times, and the shots, and the treatments, that are slowly tearing my body down. But most importantly, I believe that my stubborness I inherited from my Grandfathers and my Father, and the devine strength that comes from a higher power, is going to get me through each day. For this I believe……….