Elizabeth - Montclair, New Jersey

I believe in laughter. I think it is good to make people laugh. It is good to make people laugh and it is good to let people make you laugh. When someone has just gone through a bad time, tell them something funny and their spirits lift up. There are different kinds of laughter. The best kind is when you make someone laugh for minutes and when it looks like they’re crying. Then there is an ok laugh where they just laugh for about 5-10 seconds. Then there is one where they don’t think it’s funny and fake laugh. That’s the worst.

My family thinks I am funny. Around Christmas time, that is the time where I make most of my jokes, we were playing Cranium, a board game. I had to act like Cher, so I sang the chorus of her song, “Believe”. Apparently I did it very well, and my sister got it right away. Everyone started laughing. They told me to do it again, so I did. During the game, my mom was sleeping, so I showed her the next morning. She thought it was hilarious. She kept wanting me to do over and over again. Every time I want to make her laugh, I do the impression of Cher. It works every time.

Jokes are special. Jokes are things that make people laugh, and the people remember jokes for a long time so they can make people laugh. You tell a funny joke to a friend or a family member, they will treasure that joke. Jokes make people laugh. Making people laugh is a great talent. There are professional laugh makers: Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert and many more. They all make you laugh. But they are just regular people like you and me and you and I can make people laugh.

I believe in laughter because I believe people should be happy. Laughter is the best medicine. It puts a smile on someone’s face and it helps make them feel happy. Laughter is a wonderful gift, and if you are able to make people laugh easily, you have a gift. You not only have a gift, but it makes you feel happy inside too. Happiness is the best feeling in the world. If you make someone happy, you make that person feel like they own the world. ?