Suesanna - Clarklake, Michigan

I am a Micigan Jaycee and I have based my essay around our creed. It states:

WE BELIEVE:

That faith in God gives meaning

and purpose to human life;

That the brotherhood of man

transcends the sovereignty of nations;

That economic justice can best be won

by free men through free enterprise;

That government should be of laws

rather than of men;

That earth’s great treasure lies in

human personality;

And that service to humanity

is the best work of life.

Through out our lives we are taught to believe but what does the word believe mean? According to Webster’s Dictionary, it means to have a religious faith, to accept a statement or an idea as true, or to be confident about something. It accounts for how we feel about ourselves, our families, our government, and those that are members, the Jaycees.

As children we are taught to believe in our families. That mom and dad will be there for us even when we make mistakes. We don’t have to be perfect to believe that we will always be loved by our families. In school we are taught that the world is round, that we are surrounded by energy and that 2+2=4. We don’t always have to see what we are being taught to know that our teachers are correct. We believe that they are teaching us what we need to know. If we go to church, we are taught that God will always be there for us even if we don’t always use our best judgment. That’s what forgiveness is for. We believe that God will never forsake us.

No matter where we go in the world we are all different. Our hair and eye color are different, some of us are tall while others are short, we don’t dress alike, and our skin color may not match the person next to us. It’s what separates us and makes us the individuals that we are. The Jaycees are confident that we are doing something good for our community, our future, and our children’s future. We stand together as one for the world to see. We stand together but most of all “We Believe.”