I believe in Music

Olya - USA

I believe that music can make a person happy. Music is a powerful force that can change a person and it can form friendships with people that you would never imagine to be a friend.

When listening to music it makes me feel so strong, like I can do anything I want! When I listen to music I am in a new world. I lay down and just think about things that normally I would not think about. I picture things in my mind that make me feel like I am the one in power. I just want to stand up and let all my thoughts out and be free to do what I want. Music makes me who I am and without music I do not know what I would do.

Two years ago I got my ipod and I would have to say that I listen to it everyday for about five hours or more each day. I have no idea what I would do without it. I am free to say anything I want and to do anything I want when I listen to music . I am the one in charge and I do not care about what others think about me. It gives me strength and without music I do not think this world would be the same. Music connects different people. Not just connecting people, music can show differences between different people and their beliefs. Different cultures have different types of music and different types of celebrations have different music to show what kind of feelings people should show. At funerals the music is slow and sad and at parties, like weddings, the music is loud because people celebrate a new beginning.

Not just that the world would go by faster with music, but things in my life will also. When doing homework I always listen to music. I need music to concentrate and when my music is playing I get done with things faster. Also before I go to bed I always listen to music. But when doing my homework and before going to bed I listen to different types of music. When I do my homework I like to listen to loud music that gets me excited to do my homework, well kind of. But, before I go to bed I listen to slow music that helps my mind and my thoughts inside my mind calm down. Music is one important thing in my life that makes me happy and if I do not want to talk to anyone I listen to my music. Music is the only thing that makes me feel better because some songs no exactly what im feeling.